Precious metal silver in its pure state has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and has good electrical, thermal conductivity, malleability and solderability. It can be said that silver is an ideal material for plating. Silver plating involves placing the part in a vat containing an electrolyte, and an electric current enters the bath to promote the accumulation of silver onto the component. When the process is performed over nickel silver, the result is usually called electroplated nickel silver. Besides nickel silver, the process is also used on copper, steel, titanium, graphite, ceramic, plastic, and aluminum. In the silver plating process, we offer several common silver plating additives. For example, silver anti-tarnish agent, bright silver plating additive and silver sealer. These additives play an important role in the silver plating process, which mainly stems from the fact that they help to improve the properties of the plating.
Advantages of silver plating
With the help of additives, silver plating offers many advantages. The main advantages are as follows.
The cost of silver plating is more reasonable compared to gold and platinum.
Silver plating has the ability to resist corrosion by oxidation, water, acids and alkalis.
Silver has the ability to resist the growth and multiplication of bacteria.
Silver has excellent electrical conductivity, making it the best choice for applications electricity.
Applications of silver plating
With the aid of additives, silver plating has been useful in many fields. The main applications are as follows.
- Electrical Components: Silver plating is used for solder joints of electronic components and printed circuit boards to improve the corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity of products.
- Decorations: Silver plating is widely used for various decorative items, such as assembly cups, travel thermoses, fasteners, etc.
- Aerospace: Silver retains its initial state under high temperature or low oxygen conditions. Silver plating is an ideal material for plating in aerospace applications.
- Medical Devices: Many medical devices use silver plating technology, which increases their longevity and conductivity.
Alfa Chemistry supplies silver plating additives to companies producing electroplating solutions. Depending on your different needs, you can choose from the following silver plating additives.
1. Suitable for protecting sliver color in silver plating.
2. Suitable for silver-plated products with small parts to prevent rust.
Bright Silver Plating
1. The layer is soft and in high purity.
2. Enhanced stain resistance and hardness.
3. Applicable to both rack and barrel plating.
1. Form a single layer of mono-molecularly protective coating, to prevent sulfides formation.
2. Environmentally friendly and non-toxic, easy to handle.
As a supplier of electroplating chemicals, Alfa Chemistry has always shown great interest in silver plating. Alfa Chemistry is committed to providing a wide range of silver plating additives. If you do not find what you need, please contact us. We also offer product customization according to customer's detailed requirements.